At iXperience, we are building the future of education. We aim to inspire our community to dream bigger, give them tools to evolve with a changing world, and create spaces to nurture connections not only during the program but for life. We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic team member who is passionate about the future of education. You will be responsible for building and growing partnerships with leading companies around the world to give our students an intern experience that will positively impact the trajectory of their learning and their career.
As a shift in the education landscape is creating more access to content through online platforms from leading institutions, the internship portion of our program is a key competitive advantage and one that is critical to the success of students’ learning. You will play a crucial role in shaping the success of our students’ learning through the partnerships you create.
You will also work closely with our Program Management and Teaching Teams to ensure the execution of our internship program at the highest level. You will be a people leader and responsible for managing a small team of associates to assist with these efforts.
On the job, the Business Development Manager will:
- Build a world-class portfolio of company partnerships to create impactful internship experiences for our students.
- This will involve establishing new relationships, maintaining existing ones and representing iX through your professionalism and business savvy.
- Manage the flawless execution of the internship component of our academic programs, working closely with the Program Management and teaching teams to ensure partner and student satisfaction.
- Work cross-functionally with all teams in our business:
- Collaborate with the subject matter experts from our Teaching Teams to scope relevant and robust internship projects with clear deliverables.
- Engage with the community team and operations team to ensure seamless program execution.
- Assist the marketing team with content collection for internships to share success stories.
- Support the admissions team to have the most up to date information to communicate to prospective students.
- Foster a positive culture of calculated risk-taking and diligent learning through constant reflection.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in dealing with professionals throughout varied industries, with a proven track record of successful relationship management.
- Commercial acumen, and a sound understanding of business models, appreciating how our students may be able to add value to the organisation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills that combine with your commercial acumen to create meaningful, professional proposals for consideration both internally and to prospective companies.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to think through short and long-term strategy as it relates to our education programs and manage a pipeline of leads from initial partnership outreach to relationship management.
- A cursory knowledge of the iX course industries and the ability to translate that knowledge into a vision of value for potential partners.
- A passion for shaping the future of education, ensuring iXperience evolves with global trends, including online learning and remote work, through robust research and reporting.
- A Team mindset with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work with cross-functional team members, as well as manage an associate.
- Comfort with ambiguity, ability to pivot rapidly, and enthusiastic about experimentation.
Minimum qualifications for candidates to be considered:
- Graduate degree in a related field
- Education or commercial will take preference.
- MBA would be a plus!